Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE WALNUT BISCOTTI

Hi everyone, glad to see that some of you stayed with me after my long, long absence.  I think I lost a few readers along the way but hopefully I'll pick up some newbees and maybe my long-lost followers will return.  I did get some requests for the biscotti recipe so I'll post it for all to enjoy.  I think it was a Barefoot Contessa Recipe so I can't take the credit for it but all I can say is try it and you'll love it.

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup walnuts chopped
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350F and butter and flour a large baking sheet.

In a bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.  In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and beat until combined well.  Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough.  Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. 

On prepared baking sheet with floured hands form dough into two sightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide (don't flatten too much or your biscotti will be too flat since these don't really rise that much.)

Bake logs 35 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.  Cool biscotti on baking sheet 5 minutes.

On cutting board cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4 inch slices.  Arrange biscotti cut sides down on baking sheet and bake until crisp about 10 minutes.  Cool biscotti on a rack.  Biscotti keep in airtight containers 1 week and will freeze well for about 1 month.  ENJOY.

Let me know if you make these and how you like them.  I'll be back soon.  Until then, may you enjoy all the blessings in your life because nothing should be taken for granted.

Hugs
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by. I personally read all comments and thank you for taking the time to leave them.