Friday, January 20, 2012

The Kitchen

Hi Everyone
Just wanted to make a short post to let you know that I have been working on some things, nothing big but making some changes and reflecting on my home and what it means to me.

What is it about the kitchen that draws everyone there?  Is it the food?  Is it because the hostess/host is  there and people gather around to visit with her?  Is it because we love the homey feeling it brings just to be around the smells and sounds of something cooking?  I wonder.  If you notice, every time there is a party or get together, people seem to end up in the kitchen.

I love the kitchen.  It is my place to be creative with food and in some cases, not so creative.  I love new recipes and I love my old recipes.  Those traditional ones that I learned from my mom and carried over and prepare for my family.  I love that they enjoy them as well.  I love that my grandchildren enjoy them now too.

I love teaching my granddaughter to make cookies and pies and the benefits of eating healthy and why we eat certain foods and why certain foods are not good for us and I also love that she knows she can have whatever she wants in GRANDMA'S KITCHEN.


Cooking for my family is something I truly enjoy.  I know many women feel it is such a chore but to me it is a blessing.  I feel that I am giving them food to nourish their bodies and help them be healthy and in this way I bless them each day.  I am responsible for serving my family food and in this act of service to them I try to find joy in the love I feel for them. 

 Ladies as we serve our families, we are demonstrating an act of love.  Even if you prepare a quick meal, serve it in love. Don't just toss it on the table and let everyone fend for themselves.  Use nice dishes, set the table, take a few minutes to make sure everything is set correctly.  This is a good time to teach the younger children.  Also use your silverware, save the plastic spoons and forks for a picnic.  Your family should be treated as the special people they are.  Don't save your best for the guests.  After all who are the most important people in your life, are they your guests?  Use nice things for your family, they deserve it.

I love candles and use them whenever I can, especially at meal time.  You will be surprised how it changes the mood.  Try it on your little ones.  Light some candles at dinner time and see if their mood changes and calms them down.

Again, I love the kitchen.  I love everything that makes up a kitchen.  I enjoy being there and cooking good meals for family and friends. 

I'm trying to pass down my love of cooking to my daughter and granddaughter.  I hope that one day they will realize what a blessing it is to serve their families with joy and love.

Until next time may you find joy in the meals you prepare remembering that your service to your family is a  gift of love, give it freely. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post and certainly agree with you. I love cooking and trying new recipes. I also enjoy keeping some of my mom's old recipes alive, now that she has passed. Though I know in my heart that she was the best cook ever, I strive to be like her. I love sharing holidays with the family at my home, and I try to make everything special for them. In the end, making memories that will last is what it is all about. Maryrose

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I personally read all comments and thank you for taking the time to leave them.