Saturday, December 29, 2012

SEE WHAT'S NEW

I can't believe this year is just about over.  Time goes by
so fast and as you get older, the days blend into weeks
and weeks into months and before you know it another
year is over.  I always feel that maybe I missed
something during the year or failed to do something
important.  Do any of you feel that way?  We all
seem to be so busy, yet what are we really doing?
I often ask myself is how I'm spending my time
really of any value or am I just wasting it?
Yes, there are always things to be done
but are they really the best things we should be doing?
This is something I'm going to try to work on this
coming year.  Try to use my time wisely and productively.
 
How many of you are caught up in the social media explosion?
It is really addictive isn't it?  I know I can get on the
computer and start searching for this and that, go to
Facebook, check out people, look at things, post,
check a post, look at ads and before you know it
two hours have gone by.  I for one don't think that
is a good use of my time so I'm going to try
to change that or at least scale back.  It is so easy
to lose track of time and forget about more important matters
like home and family.
 
 
One thing I've learned though is to treasure each day and
make memories when I can because life does not promise
us tomorrow.  I have a sister-in-law who is 64 and terminally ill
and I see what she is going through and it stinks. 
We all need to cherish the days we have with those we love and celebrate even if it is only a great meal
 or a day of good health.  Life is so precious and
we should enjoy each and every day.
 
I feel so blessed this year because I welcomed a new granddaughter
into our family Kaelyn Marissa on Oct 25.
 
She is such a sweet baby.  I cannot stop looking at her
and never want to put her down.
 
As I mentioned before, I am planning on changing my blog
 a bit so I hope you come back to visit again.  It has been such a
busy year with the new baby coming and family issues
but I hope to start up again in the New Year.
 
Until next time,
Kathy
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by. I personally read all comments and thank you for taking the time to leave them.